Friday, April 06, 2007

hello public

last weekend i met up with my fren, sharif for a little tete a tete.

this time, i was on a mission though. my search for the perfect 300thread count bedsheets and a fabulous fine bone china teacup set.

bedsheets for camp.

teacup set for mum's birthday present.

however, my unfortunate search for all things in perfection is an incurable habit.

for me, my life is on a constant search for perfection. i desire to believe that such a thing exist not only in mind and spirit but in body as well.

but this near impossible search contradicts my longing to reality.

in the end, i settle for less than perfect.

but this is the truth.

there is only one perfection that exist, and that is god.

well, trying to steer away from sounding like your city harvest's preacher, instead let me tell you bout what happened during my search for the perfect bedsheets.

i made my way to aussino plaza singapura. over here was where i met the salesperson who definitely had never heard of the GEMS campaign.

lets call her aunty popiah. cause she looks like a popiah seller.

everytime i looked through the bedsheets, aunty popiah would start rearranging them back in place right in front of me. she asked me what i was looking for in a poor command of the english language. when i told her it was bedsheets while i browsing through the towel section, she kept pushing us to the bedsheet section. and bellowing in her loud irritating voice that all the cheap bedsheet were on the other racks and that the ones we've been looking at were new arrivals that had no discounts.

to be polite, we made our way there to check it out just in case we might find a few rare gems. on our way there, she stuck like scum in a dirty fishtank. constantly reminding us loudly, just in case we're deaf and forgetful, that these racks we were looking at had all the cheap discounted bedsheets.

oh boy, trust me, all those bedsheets she directed us to were beyond tacky. sharif seemed to be rather peeved at this woman. at times, releasing lashes of sarcasm whenever the woman carried on with her rude demeanor. but of course me being the "long service award" shopper have seen many of this woman's kind and thus i can just mentally ignore her and carry on shopping.

i think i've mellowed down. last time, if i saw such an atrocious act, that woman would have feasted on my verbal diarrhea. i remembered once, there was this salesperson who kept bringing clothes that she thought looks nice on me and suggested that i tried it on.

well, i'm fine with one or two but that is if you actually pick those i fancy. but what she presented me with was ridiculously dowdy. it was those hard selling kind. pushing more clothes to me that SHE thought looked nice on me.

apparently yours truly was a little bit irritated that this woman was hard selling ugly clothes to him. and so i told her nicely,

"gosh, these shirts are so ugly. dont you have any taste?''

i was very polite, with the manner of speaking not the choice of words.

but thankfully that work.

anyways, in the aussino case. i simply ignored the old hag and made do with the purchase and left.

and so made our way to vivocity later where we dined at fig & olive for dinner. not bad i say.




























vivocity looks like a nice place to just chill out.
























so i decided to sit down to chill as well.




























but unfortunately, my peace didnt last long.






























damn those paparazzis!








































yeah right.


toodles.

No comments: