Tuesday, January 01, 2008

hello public


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

wishing everyone health and happiness and that 2008 will be an even better year!



now usually i'll be blogging about my resolutions around this time of the year, but i guess this year i wont.

shocking i'm sure.

i'm been doing some random blog surfing to check out what everyone hopes for in 2008 and most people come up with a list of resolutions. i've had it with resolutions. every year, one of my resolutions is to lose weight and every year my weight fluctuates more vigorously than stock market.

2007 has been a year of 'increase'. the GST did, the taxi fare did and not suprisingly, so did my weight.

so losing weight is definitely not in my resolution for this year. not like i'm having one to begin with.

i would have loved to blog about this yesterday, especially it being the last day of 2007. but LUCKY me was stuck in camp doing guard duty. and so while singapore parties the last few hours away before the arrival of 2008, there i was inside a dark bunk, on a hard bed listening to class 95 as they count down to the new year. definitely not a grand way to end the year. but a soldier's gotta do his duty, although very unwillingly.


but for tradition sake i'm gonna do something i call a lookback.


2007


has been quite a good year for me.

i turned 21 and so did most of my friends and there were so many parties that i attended to celebrate it. i donno bout you, but 21 does make me feel a little bit older. i'm starting to listen to more Class 95 instead of 98.7fm. i cant enter an arcade and not feel like a grandfather. everyone there feels 10 years younger than me. heck, i've even started using an anti-aging eye cream.

2007 also saw me dabbling quite a lot in the clubbing scene, whether blogged or unblogged about, i was there shaking my booty and doing all those stuff thats kids shouldnt be doing. i guess i've kinda had my fill of the vibrant nightlife. i have no regrets about it but i think i just need to grow up and stop partying like i'm paris hilton.

army wise, i've done sooo many things that before national service it would have been in my wildest dreams or you can say nightmare. army has taught me one important thing. it is that i am even tougher, whether physically or mentally, then i think i can be. no doubt i still hate it, but i'm starting to take all the bittersweet experiences and sow it into a quilt of memories. in 2006 i did brunei, 2007 i did thailand and 2008, i'm gonna do ORD.

family wise, i'm spending more time with the only two people at home that i love, mum and dad. i make it a point to spend at least once a week to have dinner with the family. just cook something for everyone at home and then just watch a dvd together. spending time with my family is one of those simple things in life that makes me happy.

love wise. i've got nothing much to say here except that 2007 has made me realise how being single is not the worse thing that could ever happen. truth be told, i am enjoying very much singlehood and i dont intend to change my mind anytime soon.

in 2007 i tried my best to meet up and keep in contact with all my friends. i can only try my best and it definitely takes 2 hands to clap. to all my friends, you know who you are, i love you.



now some might say what i'm doing next is called a resolution. but i digress. i prefer the term Objectives.


2008


there are quite a few objectives that i want and need to meet in 2008.

first and foremost, i wanna ORD in peace. fuck national safari, i'm just here to pay my dues and get it over and done with. 5 more months!!!!

i also wanna get a bike licence and my very own vespa. as soon as possible would be nice so i dont have to take long boring bus rides.

then study wise. i hope i get accepted into SIM. my gpa is retardedly low because no one warned me about the addiction to slacking in poly. therefore, i'm not even gonna set my sights on the lights of NUS, NTU or SMU. to those wondering, i'll most likely be going to RMIT at SIM for a degree in marketing. anyone wanna join me for the jul/aug intake?

i want to stop getting allowance from my parents. YES, I KNOW. i'm still getting allowance from mummy. but now that i'm 21, i wanna take up a part time job, after ns that is, so that i can support myself financially. and i'm gonna start saving FOR REAL this time. even if it means i have to eat at ghastly kopitiams and shop at giordano instead, i just have to suck it up.

of course spend more time with my family.

and every single resolution i've had, be it 2007 or 1997, i've always wanted to love weight. well this year i wont. my objective instead is to live healthy. just eat healthy, drink more water and regular light exercise.

also obviously, i want something that no amount of money can buy, i wanna be HAPPY!

and, i wanna be less himbotic.



well technically this sums up my lookback at 2007 and also outlook into 2008.




i wish everyone the best and i do hope you continue to keep reading and support realitee.blogspot.com


remember, i love you more!!




xoxo-alijoe

No comments: