Monday, September 20, 2004

this is a poem i wrote quite some time back in my very private diary

i gave up on love
a long time ago
i have had enough
or i believed so

the first time i saw you
the feeling wasnt there
i never knew who
and i just didnt care

but as time passes by
the feelings have changed
i just dont know why
all thiss feels so strange

we frequently see
each other in the lecture
you never knew me
i never knew u either

no words were spoken
no smiles were exchanged
but all this was broken
at toa payoh interchange

you looked so pretty
with your rebonded hair
but why should you want me
oh, i despair

we started to chat
more and more
this is not bad
i rest assured

time passes
and the feelings grew
i look forward to lectures
jus to get a glimpse of you

valentines day was around the corner
i plucked up my courage and wanted to be bold
"how about dinner?"
was what i should have told

instead i was dumb
i was just too speechless
the past made me numb
and the courage left

but to save me the trouble
and maybe the shame
you've burst my love bubble
when i saw your name

that night you added me
as ur friend in friendster
i was soo happy
except for one matter

i was so stupid
i should have known
a pretty girl like you
is never alone

and over the foto corner
was a lovely picture
of you and your boyfriend
so lovely together

my mirror shattered
eveything was over

*10.40pm 24/2/04*

well, i write poetry as a way letting my feelings out.. i find it therepeutic.. it doesnt have to be great poetry.. just my poetry.. well, today one of my most well kept poetry is out to the public.. i know this girl reads my blog.. so i dedicate this to her..

yours
ali

No comments: