Saturday, January 01, 2005

H A P P Y N E W Y E A R ! ! !

2004 have passed. lets now welcome 2005 with loads of confetti.

now lets reflect on the past year. 2004 hasnt been one of my best years. in fact it has been one of my worst. this year alone, everyone was faced with so many trials and tribulations. we faced the economic recession which resulted in massive retrenchments and salary reduction. even my father was affected. he got a salary reduction. he told me that in such times, its better that at least he still has a job. so we had to learn how to save. and i cant be so spendthrift as before. in sec sch i was very spendthrift. i used to take cab home almost all the time and bought a lot of cds. and i really mean a lot. money came by easy to me. however, after facing a financial situation in my family. i've decided to control my spending. its the least i could do to ease my family's problem.

next crisis we faced was SARS. a terrible epidermic that scared the hell out of everybody. never in my life have i owned a thermometer until now. and face mask were sold more now than during the period of haze. we even had to close down schools for a period of time. it was also sad to hear of ppl dying of this incurable disease. then we faced bird flu. prices of chicken and eggs went up so high. a box of 10 eggs that used to cost around $1.50 went up to $4 ++. then recently, we faced the tsunami. in sec 4 i studied about tsunamis in my geography class. i never thought that a tsunami would ever happen cause history of tsunamis were few. but unfortunately, this year asia was faced with its biggest disaster. killing up to 80000 people.

from these crisis faced, i derive two conclusion. firstly, asia was faced with a terrible year. since the 4 in 2004 means death in chinese, all this crisis jus seem so apporiate. my secoond conclusion is that china is a breeding ground for diseases. sars and bird flu all originated there. go figure.

anyway, 2004 also saw the swearing in of a new prime minister. suprise suprise, it was lee hsien loong. goh chok tong became senior minister. and the singapore icon that prooves theres no such thing as retirement became the minister mentor. i read someone's reply on the question of would you vote if you were able to?.. this person said, my vote doesnt matter. all in all, we'd know who would win anyway. all that matters is that they continue doing their best for singapore. hmm, true. anyway, political wise, i thought that this year america would be getting a new president. however, america have yet again proved their stupidity by voting in the person who brought more destruiction than good to their country. sheesh.

ok ok. i think all the above is becoming a tad bit mundane. maybe i should go on to the more interesting topic. me.

2004 hasnt been the nicest year to me.

firstly, i struggled a lot in my studies. i struggled in the last semester of my poly yr 1 with accounting, economics and statistics. majorly, accounting. i was bent on repeating accounts for year one. it was damn hard. i need a 60++ to pass my accounting and i've never passed it before. i studied my accounts like mad and at least finally i passed it. jus pass. same as my statistics and economics as well. both were very math related subjects. i hate math and now i'm suffering with this. but i managed to pass in the end. i thank god for giving me all this luck.

next, i struggled a lot with my weight and health. i've countlessly wanted to loose weight. this year alone i put on at least 5kg. i decided to exercise. however, a short run and i'm all breathless. but i couldnt discipline myself to exercise more. i took some slimming tea initially and ended up shitting like no ones business. i took some slimming pills. but they didnt work either. so i stopped taking all this crap in case it had bad side effects for my body. i went on a low carbo diet and results are visible quite fast. however, once i start back on my carbo, i put back a lot of weight. i had many diets. now, i'm on a no rice diet. i'll start my RFW diet soon. RFW stands for my Rabbit Food Water diet. means drinks lots of water and eat a lot of vegetables and avoid carbo. anyways, i struggled with my health too. i had a lot of food poisoning cases this year. quite a lot of headaches and fatigues. and been feeling weak and lacking in energy. i need more vitamin c.

thirdly, i struggled with my complexion. i have terrible skin. experimented with so many face wash and pimple creams. no matter how many times i exfoliate, wash, tone and mosturise, my skin still give me damn problems. i cant be bothered anymore. i'll jus leave it as it is. when i'm older maybe i'll jus get laser treatment and microdermabration.

fourthly, i struggled a lot about my blog. i've felt many times about ending my blog. due to mostly lack of passion. i started blogging because i always had a passion to write. and also because blogging is a stress reliever. but then nowadays, the passion is slowly draining away. and response to my blog have been slowly decreasing. maybe everyone lost passion in reading blogs. maybe i'm jus over reacting.

i struggled a lot with my jokes also. i'm becoming to lame and crappy. poly have made me really lame. maybe i'm not mixing much with much intelectuals anymore. haha. i tell sarcastic jokes and everyone either dont understand or think i'm mean. maybe i'll jus keep quiet until smthing sensible comes along for me to say.

i struggled a lot with my pms. i've been geting a lot of these Pathetic Mood Swings recently. some times due to a reason and at other time due to no reasons at all. but i try to keep it under wraps at all time. i tried.

i struggled a lot with my love life. this was the year that 'japanese girl' (yeah, remember her?) said no to me. but we're still great frens. however, she's still the love of my life. and i wont stop loving her. all that matters is that she happy. and if that means being with her boyfriend, then so be it. i'll try to live with that.

i struggled a lot with my friendships. i used to have 2 good frens in poly. they were called the conspiracy twins. first, one not so close one left me. and then the other close one ms yahyah hippie. the superb very close one to me left. i was shocked initially at first. i thought i did smthing wrong. i never got to talk to them about it. cause they keep avoiding me. and it jus felt awkward somehow. i really missed ms yahyah hippie's company. finally, i got to know the real reason from her. it was somewhat logical. it was kinda my fault and u shouldnt apologise. however i always feel we can work smthing out. but, if u feel this way is better, then, i respect it.

lastly, i struggled a lot about liking myself. if u've noticed in the past year i've been really going low profile gradually. i used to love taking fotos of myself. i brought my digicam almost everywhere. i was damn narcisistic also. but i've since toned down a whole lot. i now hate crowds. i hate taking fotos. i hate smiling in fotos. i dont feel comfortable in my own skin. there was a period of time that i wear a lot of black clothes. i kept changing my hairstyles. from straight, spiky to curls. from red, brown to jet black. i'm jus trying to discover myself.

apparently, there were many struggles in 2004. it wasnt an easy year. but that i managed to survive it. i always believed that everything happened for a reason. and have since sweared to learn to enjoy simple pleasures of life and take each day slowly and enjoy it. thus, i managed to surpass my ordeals.

my year wasnt fully bad either. it had good events as well. but, i'll blog about that tmr yah. its getting late and this entry is getting a bit too long. i'll try to continue this tommorow. till then, ciaoz.


[to be continued]

No comments: